China reports 59 new cases compared to 22 the day before; Sajid Javid will set out the details in winter Covid plan for England in on Tuesday
- LA officers sue over vaccine mandate as police across California threaten to resign
- Boris Johnson to confirm Covid booster jabs for over-50s in UK
- New York hospital to stop delivering babies as staff quit over vaccine rules
- Covid passports: what are European countries doing?
- See all our coronavirus coverage
The governor of Florida has threatened to fine cities and counties that force employees to get coronavirus vaccines.
Ron DeSantis said: “If a government agency in the state of Florida forces a vaccine as a condition to employment, that violates Florida law.”
The National Health Commission said on Tuesday that 59 new locally transmitted cases were reported for 13 September, up from 22 infections a day earlier.