Makeup by Mario Dark Soft Sculpt BronzerMakeup by Mario Dark Soft Sculpt Bronzer ($28.00 for 0.42 oz.) is a medium-dark brown with moderate, warm–more orange–undertones and a matte finish. It had semi-opaque, buildable color coverage, so it seemed a little more pigmented than actually marketed but may not be a deal-breaker for everyone.
The powder was smooth to the touch, finely-milled and silky with little powderiness present in the pan. The product picked up well with a brush and applied evenly to my skin. I had no trouble blending out the color, and while the finish was very matte, it didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture or appear dry on me. It lasted nicely for eight hours before fading noticeably.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Milani Sun Tan (03) (P, $9.99) is warmer (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Soleil Afterglow (Bronzer) (LE, ) is more muted (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Gold Dust (P, $110.00) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Dior Warm Terra (002) (LE, $49.00) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Tarte Angle (PiP, ) is darker (95% similar).
- MAC Your Wish is My Command (LE, $35.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Lovegasm Bronze (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Give Me Life (LE, $28.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Coloured Raine Charming Chai (P, $16.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Tan #3 (PiP, ) is darker (90% similar).
$28.00/0.42 oz. – $66.67 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a “soft, smooth” consistency that delivers “buildable” coverage. It has a very smooth, finely-milled feel with light powderiness in the pan, but it wasn’t enough to be messy or difficult to pick up evenly. The finish was very matte to the point where it was a little flat against the skin and tended to absorb any luminosity from bare skin or base products.
This type of texture has not worked well for me in the past, but I didn’t have issues with this one, thankfully! The powder applied evenly to bare skin, blended out well, and didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture. They had medium to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff that lasted around eight to nine hours on me before fading visibly.
Browse all of our Makeup by Mario Soft Sculpt Bronzer swatches.
Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Laureth-23, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Phenoxyethanol, Laureth-4, Salicylic Acid, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract [Vitis Vinifera Extract], May Contain/Peut Contenir (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer)
at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable
to the product you’re purchasing, or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.