Tom Brady already has the record for the most wins as a starter thanks to his extensive postseason success. He now stands alone in first place for the most regular season wins, a record he broke in 2017 with his 187th career victory, which came over the New York Jets.
But Brady doesn’t own many regular season records. Almost all of the all-time marks that belong to the quarterback are postseason bests. He also owns just about every Super Bowl record, and will keep adding to them in his now 10th Super Bowl. He’s also run for over 1,000 career yards, which isn’t close to a record, but is still pretty impressive for a guy who looked like this at the NFL Combine:
Now that he’s finished his 21st season — and probably not his last — Brady has time to track down more records before he calls it a career. He wants to play until he’s 45, and if he does, he could rewrite the record books.
With the wins record now under his belt, here are all the major records owned by the ex-New England Patriots and the current Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback and the ones he still has a chance to topple.
Records owned by Brady
- Regular games started (299)
- Regular season wins by a starting quarterback (230)
- Most passing yards, regular season and playoffs (91,452)
- Most passing touchdowns, regular season (581)
- Most passing touchdowns, postseason included (661)
- Most touchdowns thrown to different receivers (77)
- Game-winning drives, postseason included (62)
- Division titles (17)
- Playoff games started (44)
- Playoff wins (33)
- Playoff touchdown passes (80)
- Playoff passing yards (12,248)
- Super Bowl appearances (10)
- Super Bowl wins (6)
- Super Bowl MVPs (4)
- Super Bowl touchdown passes (18)
- Super Bowl passing yards (2,838)
Records in Brady’s reach
- Pro Bowls: Brady couldn’t play in the Pro Bowl last season because he was a little busy getting ready for Super Bowl LIII, but he did lock up his 14th nod. He joined Manning, Tony Gonzalez, Bruce Matthews, and Merlin Olsen, who are all tied for the most Pro Bowl nominations.
Records Brady won’t own
- Most MVPs: Manning won the AP NFL MVP award five times during his career, but Brady has just three. So even if Brady continues to crush it for a while, this one just won’t happen.
- Most regular season passing yards: Brady is second behind Brees, who broke another Manning record. Brady would probably need to play a couple of years longer than Brees, who is about a year-and-a-half younger and similarly uninterested in hanging up the cleats any time soon.
- Most interceptions thrown: This isn’t a good record to have, but Brady isn’t even close. He has a little more than half the 336 thrown by Favre and isn’t top 40 all time in the category. No chance.